The Self-Acceptance Project
How to Be Kind and Compassionate
Toward Yourself in Any Situation
A FREE Video Event Series.
Self-acceptance is one of our most difficult challenges, no matter how much meditation or therapy we’ve tried. In this FREE video event series, Tami Simon speaks with contemporary luminaries in spirituality, psychology, and creativity to learn how we can truly embrace who we are.
No matter how much spiritual practice, self-improvement, or therapy we’ve undertaken, there is one area where many of us still find ourselves challenged every day: self-acceptance. It seems all too easy to fall into the trap of judging ourselves as inadequate, finding fault with our achievements or our bodies, and believing our self-critical inner voices that insist we’ll never measure up to who we ought to be. Is there a solution?
Sounds True created The Self-Acceptance Project to find out.
In this FREE online video event series, Tami Simon speaks with several contemporary luminaries in the fields of spirituality, psychology, and creativity. Together they explore the questions around self-acceptance—and investigate how we can overcome the difficulties of embracing who we are. Where do our self-critical voices come from? Can we silence them, or is there a better way to deal with them? Can we be motivated to change and excel while still accepting ourselves as we are? Why is it often so much easier to feel compassion and forgiveness towards others than towards ourselves?
The Self-Acceptance Project was created to offer you insights, practices, and strategies for living with a sense of your own fundamental worthiness. In this free video series, you’ll hear from a wide variety of thinkers and teachers as they share their stories and wisdom about self-acceptance, including:
The Self-Acceptance Project Guests:
- Kristin Neff, PhD, author of Self-Compassion Step by Step
- Harville Hendrix, PhD, author of Finding and Keeping Love
- Geneen Roth, author of When Food Is Food and Love Is Love
- Friedemann Schaub, MD, PhD, author of The Fear and Anxiety Solution
- Jay Earley, PhD, author of Self-Therapy for Your Inner Critic
- Karla McLaren, author of The Language of Emotions
- Parker Palmer, author of the audio program An Undivided Life
- Cheri Huber, author of Unconditional Self-Acceptance
- Brené Brown, PhD, LMSW, author of The Power of Vulnerability
- Tara Brach, PhD, author of Radical Self-Acceptance
- Kelly McGonigal, PhD, author of The Neuroscience of Change
- Robert Augustus Masters, PhD, author of Knowing Your Shadow
- Sharon Salzberg, author of The Kindness Handbook
- Judith Blackstone, PhD, author of The Realization Process
- Erin Olivo, PhD, MPH, author of Free Yourself from Anxiety
- Bruce Tift, MA, LMFT, author of Already Free
- Colin Tipping, author of Radical Forgiveness
- Mark Nepo, author of Staying Awake
- Jeff Foster, author of The Deepest Acceptance
- Rick Hanson, PhD, author of Meditations to Change Your Brain
- Raphael Cushnir, author of The One Thing Holding You Back
- Steven C. Hayes, PhD, author of Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life
At Sounds True, we have come to recognize that self-acceptance is one of the most difficult yet vital challenges of the human journey. We invite you to join us for an investigation into the heart of our relationship with ourselves—so we may discover how to treat ourselves with kindness, compassion, and love.
For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.